Our little family

Our little family

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Agency: A Wonderful Gift, but Sometimes It Sucks

So, I have  been reflecting on a few things this Sunday afternoon/evening and I had my thoughts turn to free agency. Agency is a gift that we all have. It gives us as individuals the ability to make our own choices whether they are right or wrong. Along with those choices come consequences. Sometimes good, other times not, depending on the choice that was made. Looking at my own life I am grateful that I have agency and the ability to choose my path. There have been things I have done in my life that I do regret, but overall, I have had many learning experiences. So, why does it suck?? I don't think it sucks to have my own choices, but its when others are making choices you know are not so good. Now, I don't want to come off as some control freak, that is not what I am saying. I think that it is human nature to want to see the ones you love succeed. When we see those we love making choices that we know are not in harmony with a Christ like lifestyle it makes us (well at least me) want to jump in and say "No!! What are you doing??? Don't you see what a stupid choice this is? Don't you see how much these consequences are not only going to affect you, but will have a great affect on those around you as well?" At times I wish I could somehow force these people to do the right thing....and that is when I get the feeling of FREE AGENCY SUCKS! I know that I need to find a way to let go and just be a support system, someone who is there no matter what the outcome may be. Though I am having a hard time with that (I can be a grudge holder like no other), I am trying. The fact that I have this struggle reminds me that I am not perfect (not that I think I am by any means) and who am I to judge others. We are all imperfect people and have to authority to judge others for their decisions, actions, and choices. Our job is to love one another and be there for each other. Now, I need to work on taking my own advice and do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment